- Aug. 3 will focus on water softening, fertilizer, and industries.
- Aug. 4 will cover best practices and the latest developments in winter maintenance.
Registration and agenda
For event or registration questions, contact Doug Klimbal.
- Register online: https://fortinconsulting.regfox.com/salt-symposium-2021
- Check out the agenda: https://fortinconsulting.com/salt-symposium-agenda/
Includes a certification training
Those who register for the Salt Symposium may attend for free one of three Smart Salting certification trainings being offered online Aug. 5-6. These sessions teach best practices that help improve efficiency and reduce chloride pollution, while keeping roads, parking lots, and sidewalks safe.
- Aug. 5 - Smart Salting for Property Management. Learn how reduce damages caused by salt both indoors and outdoors, how to know if your maintenance crew is using sustainable practices, dealing with liability, and other winter maintenance challenges.
- Aug. 5 - Smart Salting for Roads. Learn to apply less salt safely on high/low speed road snowplow operations.
- Aug. 6 - Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks. Learn to apply less salt safely on private/public walkways and/or parking lots and service roads.
Benefits of attending the Symposium
- Latest research in chloride
- Hear from experts from across the county working on chloride
- New technology and innovation in salt reduction
- Discussion on new sources of chloride
- Connect with vendors, sponsors, and other participants
- Get MPCA Smart Salting certified