In addition to the permanent network of air quality monitoring sites, the MPCA also conducts special air monitoring studies to address specific air quality concerns in Minnesota. Information about current and historical special air monitoring studies conducted by the MPCA is available from the links below.
- Near road air monitoring in Minnesota, 2013-
- Community Air Monitoring Project, 2013-
- North Minneapolis PM2.5 Monitoring Project, 2013-
- Silica Sand, 2013-
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Air, 2013-
- Understanding Urban Air Quality, 2017-