In 2019 and 2020, MPCA hosted a series of public meetings to share information, hear from Minnesotans, and gather input to help us develop the rule and our technical analysis of the rule's potential effects.
June 8, 2020: Webinar – Final SAFE rule and update on MPCA regulatory analysis
- Comments on SAFE rule analysis (aq-rule4-10t)
- Meeting packet: Clean Cars Minnesota - Technical meeting 5 (aq-rule4-10s)
- Webex: Federal SAFE rule and Clean Cars Minnesota (June 8)
Jan. 7, 2020: Webinar - Potential mechanisms for an initial ZEV credit bank in Minnesota
Following this webinar, we asked for feedback about MPCA’s initial proposal for establishing a ZEV credit bank. We heard from a variety of stakeholders who submitted written comments and presentations to the agency. For transparency, we have compiled those materials and made them publicly available here.
- Comments on early action credit system for Clean Cars Minnesota (aq-rule4-10r)
- Meeting packet: Clean Cars Minnesota - Technical meeting 4 (aq-rule4-10q)
- Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota technical meeting 4 (Jan. 7)
Dec. 17, 2019: Methods of establishing initial ZEV credit banks
- Meeting packet: Clean Cars Minnesota, Technical meeting 3 (aq-rule4-10p)
- Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota technical meeting 3 (Dec. 17)
Dec. 5, 2019: Saint Paul - Stakeholder presentations
Presentations are included for informational purposes and represent the positions of the presenters. Including these presentations in this document and on the MPCA website does not indicate MPCA support for any of the data, positions, or information provided by the stakeholders.
Due to a recording error, the first part of the meeting is not available.
Nov. 15, 2019: Saint Paul
- Agenda Clean Cars Minnesota, Technical Meeting Webinar materials (aq-rule4-10j)
- Webex: Clean Cars MN technical meeting (Nov. 15)
MPCA had an initial open comment period about the Clean Cars Minnesota rule (Oct. 7 - Dec. 6, 2019). This request for comments (RFC) was the first step in the rulemaking process and provided an initial opportunity for Minnesotans to share thoughts with us.
During this RFC period, we hosted a series of two-hour public meetings around the state. You can read a summary of the written comments we received, feedback from the public meetings, and the results of our online survey on our What we heard page.
- Nov. 19, 2019: Mankato
- Nov. 14, 2019: Minneapolis
- Nov. 12, 2019: Virginia
- Nov. 6, 2019: Marshall
- Nov. 4, 2019: MPCA hosted this webinar to share information and gather input; the content was the same as the in-person public meetings.
Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota webinar (Nov. 4, 2019)
Clean Cars webinar materials (aq-rule4-10h)
- Oct. 30, 2019: Burnsville
- Oct. 29, 2019: Fergus Falls
If you have any questions about this rulemaking, contact email@example.com