The next step in the rulemaking process is publication of the official Notice of Intent to Adopt Rule With a Hearing for the Clean Cars Minnesota rule in the State Register. This is the agency’s formal legal notice to let Minnesotans know that the MPCA is planning to adopt a new rule and we would like to hear your feedback and comments.
MPCA is hosting a series of meetings to assist in developing the rule and our technical analysis of the rule's potential effects. Meeting materials and a recording of each session are posted below.
June 8, 2020: Webinar – Final SAFE rule and update on MPCA regulatory analysis
- Meeting agenda and presentation will be posted here on June 8
Time: 10:30 a.m. to Noon
Meeting number (access code): 968 628 356; password: RXp7W3PpiB2
Or join by phone: 415-655-0003; access code: 968 628 356
Jan. 7, 2020: Webinar - Potential mechanisms for an initial ZEV credit bank in Minnesota
Following this webinar, we asked for feedback about MPCA’s initial proposal for establishing a ZEV credit bank. We heard from a variety of stakeholders who submitted written comments and presentations to the agency. For transparency, we have compiled those materials and made them publicly available here.
- Comments on early action credit system for Clean Cars Minnesota (aq-rule4-10r)
- Meeting packet: Clean Cars Minnesota - Technical meeting 4 (aq-rule4-10q)
- Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota technical meeting 4 (Jan. 7)
Dec. 17, 2019: Methods of establishing initial ZEV credit banks
- Meeting packet: Clean Cars Minnesota, Technical meeting 3 (aq-rule4-10p)
- Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota technical meeting 3 (Dec. 17)
Dec. 5, 2019: Saint Paul - Stakeholder presentations
Presentations are included for informational purposes and represent the positions of the presenters. Including these presentations in this document and on the MPCA website does not indicate MPCA support for any of the data, positions, or information provided by the stakeholders.
Due to a recording error, the first part of the meeting is not available.
Nov. 15, 2019: Saint Paul
- Agenda Clean Cars Minnesota, Technical Meeting Webinar materials (aq-rule4-10j)
- Webex: Clean Cars MN technical meeting (Nov. 15)
Past public meetings
Between October 7 - December 6, 2019, we had an open comment period about the Clean Cars Minnesota rule. This request for comments (RFC) was the first step in the rulemaking process and provided an initial opportunity for Minnesotans to share thoughts with us.
During this RFC period, we hosted a series of public meetings around the state (listed below). You can read a summary of the written comments we received, feedback from the public meetings, and the results of our online survey on our What we heard page.
- Oct. 29, 2019: Fergus Falls
- Oct. 30, 2019: Burnsville
- Nov. 4, 2019: MPCA hosted this webinar to share information and gather input.
Webex: Clean Cars Minnesota webinar (Nov. 4, 2019)
Clean Cars webinar materials (aq-rule4-10h)
- Nov. 6, 2019: Marshall
- Nov. 12, 2019: Virginia
- Nov. 14, 2019: Minneapolis
- Nov. 19, 2019: Mankato
If you have any questions about this rulemaking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org