Closed. Applications were due November 1, 2016.
About this grant
Intent. The Legislature created this grant program to fund projects in Greater Minnesota that "(e)stablish curbside recycling or composting, increase recycling or composting, reduce the amount of recyclable materials entering disposal facilities, or reduce the cost associated with hauling waste by locating collection sites as close as possible to the site where the waste is generated.” (Minn. Stat. §115A.565).
Who can apply? Eligible applicants were Minnesota cities, counties, solid waste management districts, and sanitary districts outside the Twin Cities seven-county metropolitan area. Multi-organizational collaboration was encouraged. If the applicant is a city, the city’s population must be less than 45,000.
Preferred projects. See details in the posted request for grant application document.
Refer to the posted guidelines and application form for details on this past grant round.
- EA Recycling grant: Request for grant application (p-f2-27-2a)
- EA Recycling grant: Frequently asked questions (p-f2-27-2b)
- EA Recycling grant: Application form (p-f2-27-2c)
- EA grants: Sample grant agreement (p-f2-27g)
- EA grants: Budget and expenditures report (p-f2-27h)
- EA Recycling grant: State Register notice (Sept. 20, 2016)