Minnesota's Impaired Waters and TMDLs
Project: Carnelian-Marine St. Croix WD Lakes TMDL — Excess Nutrients
The Carnelian Marine St. Croix Watershed District’s “10 Lake” TMDL will be addressing all the impaired lakes located within the Watershed District’s (WD) boundary. The lakes included in this study are all listed for excess nutrients (phosphorus). The overall goal is not only to have a completed TMDL for the impaired waters, but to also include the project information into the WD’s Water Plan. This TMDL is being lead by the WD and the Washington Conservation District.
The 10 lakes included in the TMDL are:
- East Boot
- South Twin
Map and location
Location: The project area is located in Northeastern Washington County, which includes the cities of Marine on St. Croix and parts of Stillwater and Hugo.
More maps are available using the MPCA's Impaired Waters Viewer.
TMDL report and implementation plan
- Carnelian Marine St. Croix Watershed District 12 Lakes TMDL Phase 1 Report
- Ten Year Comprehensive Water Management Plan
- St. Croix River Basin (MPCA Basins Page)
- Carnelian Marine St. Croix Watershed District
- Washington Conservation District
- City of Marine on St. Croix
- Metropolitan Council of Environmental Services (MCES)
- Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR)
- MPCA Environmental Data Access (Lake and Stream Data)
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
TMDL Project Manager
520 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155