Water-related fact sheets
- Permitting Strategy for Addressing Mercury in Municipal and Industrial Wastewater Permits This fact sheet provides guidance for major facilities with mercury-monitoring requirements either included or proposed for inclusion in their NPDES/SDS water-quality permits.
- Environmental Management at Aggregate Operations Summary of pollution prevention opportunities and MPCA permitting requirements for aggregate operations. Some general information about permit programs administered by other agencies also is provided.
- Facts About Sewage Bypass A brief overview of the problems, causes, environmental impacts and prevention options associated with sewage overflows.
- Guidelines for wastewater-treatment facilities during a flood This fact sheet provides guidance for WWTF operators in preparing for potential floods and working to recover operation after a flood.
- Completing an NPDES/SDS Feedlot Permit Application Instructions to assist in the preparation of an application for an animal feedlot or manure storage area which requires a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)/State Disposal System (SDS) permit.
- NPDES/SDS Permits - Permitting Process for Surface-water Dischargers This fact sheet specifically discusses permitting for domestic-strength wastewater discharged into surface waters.
- Permit Application Requirements for Manure Composting Facilities
- Water-quality Permit Requirements for Wastewater Discharges to Ground Surface and Subsurface This fact sheet explains permitting for ground-surface and subsurface water discharges of wastewater.
- Water quality permitting for gravel mining and hot mix asphalt operations Explains the general water-quality permit that covers certain activities at gravel mining, stone quarrying and hot mix asphalt operations.
- State Revolving Loan Program for Wastewater or Storm-water Facilities Information on how to receive low-interest loans through the state Revolving Loan Program for wastewater treatment projects.
- Overview of the Clean Water Partnership Program Overview of the Clean Water Partnership Program
- MPCA Financial Assistance Programs Addressing Non-Point Source Water Pollution MPCA administers three important financial assistance programs for watershed management of non-point source water pollution: the Clean Water Partnership grant and loan programs, and the federal Clean Water Act Section 319 program.
- Dust Control Treatments for Roads and Surfaces Dust Control Treatments for Roads and Surfaces
- Closure and Abandonment of Manure Storage Structures Closure and Abandonment of Manure Storage Structures
- Facts About Compliance Assistance Facts About Compliance Assistance
- Geomembranes as a Liner for Manure Storage Structures Geomembranes as a Liner for Manure Storage Structures
- Unpermitted Earthen Basins Unpermitted Earthen Basins
- Facts About the MPCA Sanitary Districts Program: Sanitary Districts program
Facts About the MPCA Sanitary Districts Program
- Checklist for a Complete Petition Checklist for a Complete Petition
- Creation of a Sanitary District Under the Provisions of Minn. Stat. 115.18 to 115.21 Creation of a Sanitary District Under the Provisions of Minn. Stat. 115.18 to 115.21
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Formation of Sanitary Districts Under Minn. Stat. 115.18 to 115.37 Frequently Asked Questions about the Formation of Sanitary Districts Under Minn. Stat. 115.18 to 115.37
- Regional Wastewater Treatment — Sanitary Districts and Cooperative Agreements Regional Wastewater Treatment: Sanitary Districts and Cooperative Agreements
See resources from the MPCA's stormwater programs: Construction, industrial, and municipal.
- Citizens' Guide to Monitoring of Surface Waters Citizens' Guide to Monitoring of Surface Waters
- General Feedlot Program Information
- Nitrates in Minnesota's Ground Water fact sheet on nitrates in Minnesota's ground water
- Peat Operations and Environmental Protection
- Overview of Underground Disposal Control Program Overview of Underground Disposal Control Program
- Disposal of Industrial Wastewater and Alternatives Disposal of Industrial Wastewater and Alternatives
- Holding Tanks for Liquid Wastes Holding Tanks for Liquid Wastes
- Car Wash and Vehicle Maintenance Facilities Car Wash and Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Water Discharges Best Management Practices