The documents below provide information about water and water-quality issues in Minnesota.
- Water-related fact sheets and publications MPCA's water-related fact sheets provide quick and useful information about a variety of topics, ranging from basin management to the State Revolving Fund Loan Program.
- Groundwater Publications
- . These publications provide technical information and guidance on topics ranging from design criteria for stabilization ponds to reliability for mechanical wastewater treatment plants. These documents are especially useful to municipal and industrial dischargers.
- Floristic quality assessment for Minnesota wetlands
- Plants for stormwater design
- Volunteer Surface Water Monitoring Guide
Program management decisions
- Wetland Preservation Mitigation Sequence Program Management Decision
- Septage Storage Program Management Decision
- Baseline Water Quality of Minnesota's Principal Aquifers
- Continuing Planning Process: Minnesota’s Water Quality Management Program (Updated 2010, approved by EPA January 2011). (wq-s-arra1-71) Section 303(e) of the Clean Water Act (CWA) requires each state to produce a Continuing Planning Process document describing the processes and procedures it uses in water quality planning. The objective of the state CPP is to establish a management program and provide a framework for establishing programmatic commitments and goals that will be contained in the Environmental Performance Partnership Agreement (EnPAA) and other plans prepared pursuant to the Clean Water Act. The purpose of the CPP is to document how the state will make its water quality management decisions.
- Duluth Metropolitan Area Streams Snowmelt Runoff Study
- Impaired Waters and Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Reports
- Minnesota Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Report - Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund
- Minnesota's Water Quality Monitoring Strategy. A Report Prepared for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, September 2011. The report describes a 10-year plan for surface and ground water monitoring. The plan includes information on all types of monitoring — condition monitoring, problem investigation monitoring and effectiveness monitoring — along with a timeline for implementation.
- Minnesota Water Quality Report: Surface Water Section (Abbreviated Narrative Report) (wq-s7-50) - Report to the Congress of the United States: Water Years 2008-2009. This report integrates 305b assessments, which measure attainment of standards for fishable and swimmable waters, and 303d (TMDL) listings of impaired waters. Assessments are organized by basin for the entire state and the report also presents statewide summaries. The report describes Minnesota's monitoring and assessment strategy, assessment tools, and the integrated assessment process. It also briefly describes the state's response to these assessments in terms of development and implementation of TMDLs and special state strategies.
- Protecting Water Quality in Urban Areas - Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual
- Stormwater and Wetlands: Planning and Evaluation Guidelines for Addressing Potential Impacts of Urban Stormwater and Snow-Melt Runoff on Wetlands
- Watershed Achievements: Annual Report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Clean Water Act Section 319 and Clean Water Partnership Projects in Minnesota
- Minnesota's Impaired Waters — March 2003 Legislative Report — Appendices