SBEAP Publications: Newsletters, Calendars and Guides
The Small Business Enterprise is a quarterly newsletter that covers compliance issues, pollution prevention and training. Plus, subscribers can get timely updates through GovDelivery.
- 2015 - Fall
- Grant focus: Valley Craft clears the air
- Diesel grants: $270,000 will help save fuel, cut pollution from engines
- Above and beyond — industrial stormwater management at Valmont
- Business owners required to recycle
- MNTAP interns and training opportunities
- MNTAP E3 in painting --Apply now
- Free energy assessments for small businesses
- 2015 - Summer
- State helps small businesses clear the air
- Tiny Diner wins sustainable business award
- MPCA offers a new air permit option
- New restrictions on wheel weights
- EPA chemical risk assessments
Small Business Enterprise Newsletter: Past issues
- Small Business Enterprise: News from the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program
- Reducing chemical exposure from receipts
- Reduce VOCs with help from MnTAP
- Survey: Water-related businesses
- 2015 Industrial stormwater permit updates
- Small Business Enterprise: 2015 - Winter
- Deadline: Air emission inventories due
- Sign up now: Industrial Paint trainings available
- Industrial stormwater permit updates
- New ozone standard may mean tougher regulations
- Training: Ten steps to hazardous waste compliance
- MN leads the nation in pollution prevention
- Better maintenance of paved surfaces
- Small Business Enterprise: 2014 - Fall
- Food waste at the Duluth Grill
- MPCA small business loans help green up local business
- Recycling to be required for commercial buildings
- Looking to cut VOCs? MnTAP can help clear the air
- Small Business Enterprise: 2014 - Summer
- Small business VOC grants to clear the air - apply this week
- Industrial Stormwater General Permit - reapply now
- RETAP helps nonprofit save big on energy bills
- Small business architectural paint management coming near you
- Proposed amendments to NSPS for grain elevators - comments due Oct 7th
- EPA funds sustainable and innovative products and research in small business - open now
- Small Business Enterprise: Funding news Inside: MPCA offers small-business grants to clear the air; Capital equipment costs holding you back? Consider a small business loan; MPCA Environmental Loan Program
- Small Business Enterprise: News from the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program Inside: Money available from MPCA - Funding to reduce BPA exposure from receipts; Heavy-duty diesel grant funding for cleaner air
- Small Business Enterprise: 2013 - Winter Inside: Small business VOC reduction; Clear Lake Press keeps on greening; MnTAP interns and solid waste trainings; Made in Minnesota solar incentive amounts set for 2014; The right suppliers right here in Minnesota; Hennepin County business recycling grants available; Area Source Boiler Rule – new videos and Jan 20 deadline; Ideas from the web
- Small Business Enterprise: News from the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program Inside: Don't miss MPCA grant opportunity for VOC reductions; Industrial stormwater updates; Minnesota ban on coal tar sealants coming January 2014; Where is your e-waste headed?; Seven tools you need to climb Mount Sustainability
- Small Business Enterprise: 2013 - Summer Inside: Greening at Warners' Stellian; ReUSE Minnesota: Making reuse happen; New tool explains stationary engine rules; DoItGreen Directory: Promote your green business efforts; Turfgrass maintenance trainings; MPCA looking for small business partners in VOC reduction; Rural MN Solar Initiative helps farmers, small businesses gain solar; Funding: MPCA Clean diesel grant helps reduce air pollution
- Small Business Enterprise: News from the Small Business Environmental Assistance Program Inside: Green funding - Minneapolis grants for greening up auto maintenance; Rule watch - Revised federal boiler and stationary engines standards
- Small Business Enterprise: 2013 - Spring Inside: MPCA offers business assistance to reduce BPA; free energy assessments for small businesses; Mpls grants for dry cleaners switching from toxic perc; Mpls grants for auto maintenance; Charging while you work: A new guide for expanding workplace electric vehicle charging; 30 seconds and a gallon jug could save your commercial kitchen over $400/yr; Business news from MNTAP; Kare 11 featuring green business challenge
- Small Business Enterprise: 2012 - Fall Inside: Better maintenance of paved surfaces; Industrial Stormwater update; MPCA Grant Opportunity – reducing BPA in thermal papers; Study shows workers at "green" companies more productive; NPPR 2025 Safer Chemistry Challenge Program webinars; DfE safer chemicals list; EPA identifies substitutes for toxic flame-retardant chemical
- Small Business Enterprise: 2012 - Summer Inside: Small business highlight: Eco-friendly REI; Fairview reduces waste at the source; A new look for the Minnesota Materials Exchange; EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award winner - small business; All new grain elevator page
- Small Business Enterprise: Business funding and a RICE rule webinar Inside: MPCA Environmental Assistance Grants (due June 14); Workplace Charging for Electric Vehicles (due May 22); June Webinars on Stationary Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE)
- Small Business Enterprise: 2012 - Spring Inside: Industrial stormwater—are you monitoring?; Helping truckers save money and clean up the air; Energy efficiency at a metal fabricator; Minnesota Business First Stop launched; New SBEAP regulatory tools; Resourceful Waste Management Guide updated
Compliance calendars can be used to keep records and log inspections, keep you up to date on regulations affecting your business, and provide great ideas for pollution prevention and waste reduction (and related cost savings).
To request a free calendar, call the SBEAP hotline at 651-282-6143 or 800-657-3938.
Download and print a calendar. Note: to print like a calendar, set your print properties to "flip up" the pages.
- 2015 Aboveground Storage Tanks
- 2015 Aggregate Facilities . For additional resources, visit the aggregate sector page.
- 2015 Dry Cleaners
- Construction Stormwater Inspection Checklist (PDF Version) . This checklist replaces the Construction Stormwater compliance calendar. The Construction Stormwater Permit Overview fact sheet lists when to do inspections.
Out of print
These calendars will not be updated, but you can print out monthly log sheets to help with your recordkeeping.
- 2012 Hot Mix Asphalt Plants
- 2012 Vehicle Maintenance . Hazardous waste fact sheet #2.41, Documenting container inspections , can be used instead. See the hazardous waste publication page for fact sheets on specific vehicle wastes.
Environmental Guide for Small Businesses in Minnesota
This guide was created for small manufacturers as a user-friendly guide to Minnesota's environmental regulations. The goal is to give you enough information to quickly determine whether your business is subject to a regulation and where to go for more help.
- Short chapters focused by rule areas.
- A flow chart helps you determine which rules apply to your business.
- Details on regulation and step-by-step approach to complying.
- Resources for additional information and assistance.
Get the guide
Download the full document or by chapter.
To request a free printed copy, call the SBEAP Hotline: 651-282-6143 or 800-657-3938.
Download by chapter
- Air Quality
- Assistance Providers
- Clean-Up and Remediation
- Emergency and Pollution Prevention Planning
- Financial Assistance
- Hazardous Waste
- Occupational Safety and Health
The guide was created by SBEAP in partnership with many agencies and programs.
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Minnesota Small Business Development Centers
- Minnesota Technical Assistance Program