The GREEN Group: Governments for Responsible EPP and Environmental Networking
The MPCA coordinates this informal network of environmental and purchasing staff from county and city governments. The GREEN Group is open to representatives of public entities from around the state. At quarterly meetings, members share EPP experiences and work on group projects to help meet their organization’s EPP goals.
Questions: Please contact Johanna Kertesz, EPP Specialist, at 651-757-2489 or email@example.com.
February 6, 2014, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Hosted by: City of Saint Paul
Location: City of Saint Paul, Fire Station 1, Admin Building (1000 7th St W, Saint Paul, MN)
- Notes from 2013 GREEN Group Meetings
- Notes from 2012 GREEN Group meetings
- Notes from 2011 GREEN Group meetings
- Notes from 2010 GREEN Group meetings
Local government program highlights
- Hennepin County: runs a Lead by Example incentive fund, producing great case studies, and works with Office Depot on a green product substitution program
- Ramsey County: has an internal green team and produces a quarterly Green Alternatives newsletter
- City of Minneapolis: City Council approved a comprehensive EPP policy as well as a separate green cleaning resolution; integrated EPP into their main procurement department
- City of Burnsville: included an EPP best management practice in their city-wide sustainability plan