Minnesota Retiree Environmental Technical Assistance Program
RETAP wants to add three new members to our facility assessment team. Applicants can be retired engineers, scientists, managers, or other retired professionals from a wide range of technical and non-technical fields.
- Perform assessments using established RETAP methods, databases, and analysis tools. Familiarity and experience using Microsoft Office programs and access to the internet are required.
- Compile a written report of specific recommendations for each on-site assessment.
- Follow-up with clients to track their implementation of assessment recommendations.
- Translate technical engineering concepts into language that clients understand.
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker, and have own transportation and ability to drive.
- Typically work about 10-30 hours per month and are compensated at a rate of $14/hr.
Interested applicants must apply through the State of Minnesota contracting website, which involves three steps:
- Register as a vendor. Go to www.swift.state.mn.us, then click on “Vendor Portal” in the lower right.
- Once registered, log in and find more information and the application materials by searching for “RETAP.”
- Email completed application materials to the address listed on the application.
- Questions about the application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: RETAP CR 7098.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Minnesota Retiree Environmental Technical Assistance Program (RETAP) employs skilled, retired professionals to provide facility assessments and community sustainability assistance to small businesses, institutions, and communities in Minnesota.
No-cost, non-regulatory energy efficiency and waste reduction assessments are available to Minnesota's small businesses and public and private institutions. Assessments include an on-site visit to your facility from a team of RETAP members with emphasis on finding opportunities to increase energy efficiency and water conservation, reduce waste, and reduce operating costs.
When you have an assessment done, an experienced team of retired professionals will:
- Analyze your utility bills,
- Visit your facility, and
- Send you a written report with high priority changes and estimated financial and environmental savings.
Recommendations may be simple behavior changes, maintenance improvements, or more complicated retrofits. While you are under no obligation to implement the recommendations, a high percentage of surveyed clients do. Average savings from RETAP recommendations implemented in 2012 was over $2,000 per client.
In the past 10 years more than 200 businesses and institutions – including dry cleaners, coffee shops, and fire stations – have benefited from RETAP assessments.
To find out more or to request a free assessment, contact Mike Vennewitz, RETAP Coordinator, at 612-781-1307.
Community Sustainability Assistance
RETAP offers assistance to Minnesota cities and counties to become more sustainable and reduce their “carbon footprints” – the amount of greenhouse gases released into the environment. Skilled consultants work on either long- or short-term assignments that are cooperatively defined by the client (typically a city or county government) and RETAP.
This service is free, to help Minnesota communities respond to the energy and economic challenges they face. For more information, contact Philipp Muessig, MPCA or 651-757-2594.
About the RETAP consultants: Our retired professionals have a wealth of experience.
Minnesota RETAP provides assistance from retired engineers, scientists, and managers, each with 30 to 40 years of experience in a variety of engineering and other professional specialties with companies like 3M and Honeywell.