Minnesota Climate Change Advisory Group
The Minnesota Climate Change Advisory Group (MCCAG) was set up as part of Governor Tim Pawlenty’s Next Generation Energy Initiative. The purpose of the group is to evaluate and compile a set of recommended policy options to aggressively reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Minnesota during the coming years.
Appointed by the governor, MCCAG group members bring a broad perspective and expertise to the topic of climate change in Minnesota. Members represent the following sectors:
- Tourism and recreation
- Health care
- Non-governmental organizations
- State and local government
Governor Pawlenty asked the nationally recognized Center for Climate Strategies to oversee the stakeholder process and development of the greenhouse gas reduction plan. CCS will work closely with the Minnesota Department of Commerce, the MPCA and other state organizations to advance the work of the advisory group.
- Preliminary Climate Change Action Plan Submitted to the Legislature. (February 2008)
- Minnesota Climate Change Advisory Group (MCCAG) Final Report
- Residential, commercial, and industrial policy recommendations final results summary
- Energy Supply (ES) Recent Actions
- Energy Supply (ES) Recent Actions Annex
- Energy supply final results summary
- Final Minnesota Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Reference Case Projections 1990-2025