Shows and demonstrations
The Sustainability Stage is the Eco Experience’s location for environmental demonstrations, entertainment, and presentations.
Now accepting applications
Interested in educating others on how to live a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle? If so, consider presenting at the 2014 Sustainability Stage.
We are seeking demonstrations and performances on a variety of topics, such as:
- Yard and garden: Care of plants and rainwater in your yard, composting, container gardening, native plant gardens, rain barrels, seed saving.
- Energy: Energy efficiency, conservation, renewable energy, how to seal air leaks, wind energy jeopardy, personal stories of living in a net-zero home.
- Getting around: Transportation with less environmental impact, biking, impacts to air quality of transportation choices or fuels, personal stories of driving green.
- Water: Adventures on Minnesota waters, water conservation, water protection or drinking water.
- Food: Preparing locally grown foods, fermented foods, cheese-making, bee keeping, backyard chickens, sprouting, canning, drying, urban farming and organic food.(Some restrictions apply - see note in application)
- Creative ventures: Demonstrations of creating new items from “trash,” upcycled clothes, recycled-content kids art ideas, recycled glass blowing demo, theatre or film.
To apply, read the detailed instructions on the online application form then fill out the application and submit it electronically. Applications due April 11, 2014.