The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) collects a wide variety of data on environmental conditions and pollution sources. Select a category below to see its list of available data searches.
What's in My Neighborhood?
Environmental information about your community. Search for information on businesses or activities regulated by the MPCA.
Air monitoring, facility emissions, air pollutants
Water: Groundwater data
Monitoring wells, monitoring data
Water: Surface water
Lake and stream monitoring, condition assessments, impaired waters, restoration/protection projects, permits
Water: Construction stormwater
Construction stormwater permit information
Water: Industrial stormwater
Industrial stormwater permit information
Superfund, contaminated sites, voluntary cleanup
Petroleum storage tanks
Registered tanks, tank leaks
Recycling and pollution prevention
Recycling facilities, household hazardous waste collection
Waste: Hazardous waste
Licensed generators and transporters, manifest reports
Waste: Solid waste
Disposal, landfills, management
Geospatial datasets, shapefiles
The following links to related Minnesota government data are provided as a service.
- Data and maps: Twin Cities (Metropolitan Council) Data and maps offering key information about the Twin Cities region.
- Data Deli (Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources) DNR's site for providing raw computer-readable data for use in their GIS, image-processing, or traditional database environment. The site includes links to extensive and summary level data descriptions (metadata).
- Key water information catalogue Easy access to key water information and data from six Minnesota state agencies. The page is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of Minnesota water information links, but a listing of main or key web pages of water information. (Hosted by Metropolitan Council)
- Minnesota Geographic Data Clearinghouse (MnGeo) A convenient source for geographic data, ranging from simple state maps to the complex geospatial data needed to power GIS applications.
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons (Minnesota Geospatial Information Office) A collaborative place for users and publishers of geospatial resources in Minnesota. The Commons is a robust data distribution site primarily for geospatial data consumers: people who need data for a project, services for an application, or some other resource required for a GIS-based use.
- Minnesota Open Data Initiative (Minnesota OET) A catalog of Minnesota state government data sources.
- Minnesota Public Health Data Access (Minnesota Dept of Health) An online query and information system designed to provide public access to Minnesota data about health, the environment, and other risk factors that may impact public health.