Contaminated sites: Data
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) collects data on contaminated sites. Types of data available are listed below.
- Aboveground/Underground Storage Tanks — Leak Sites. Find information about petroleum product leaks reported to MPCA. In the search options, select the Site Type "Leak Site."
- Petroleum Remediation Program Maps Online — An interactive map application showing petroleum cleanup sites (PRP) in relation to wellhead protection areas, drinking water supply management areas and source water assessments.
- RCRA Cleanup Sites. Find information about hazardous waste treatment, storage or disposal facilities subject to corrective action under the RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) program.
- Superfund Sites. Find information about abandoned or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites on the federal or state Superfund cleanup list.
- Voluntary Investigation and Cleanup (VIC) Sites. Find information about contaminated sites that individuals or business are voluntarily investigating and cleaning up.
- What's in My Neighborhood?. Use What's In My Neighborhood to find information about contaminated sites in Minnesota, including the site types listed below. To list sites of a given type, choose the "Text Search" option, then select the appropriate "Activity Type."
- CERCLIS Sites (Superfund candidate sites)
- Contaminated Soil Treatment Facilities
- Leak Sites
- Petroleum Brownfields
- RCRA Cleanup Sites
- State Assessment Sites
- Superfund Projects
- Voluntary Investigation and Cleanup Sites