Contact: Erin Jordahl-Redlin, 651-297-5518 Toll-free: 1-800-657-3864 Saint Paul, Minn. -- The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency encourages you to celebrate Earth Day on April 22 by committing to a new earth-friendly action. The next time you're about ready to start up your car, consider these actions to lower carbon dioxide emissions:
· Taking the bus or carpool to work.
· Biking and walking for trips less than two miles.
Consider the materials, quantity and wrapping of purchases:
· Purchase products with less packaging and more recycled content.
· Buy locally grown and organic food.
Make it a point to use water and energy wisely:
· Install water-saving devices and fix leaks.
· Purchase only compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
Take advantage of local Earth Day events promoting a more sustainable lifestyle:
· A great resource of events around the metro can be found at www.greenguardian.com.
· Come to the Living Green Expo on May 5-6, 2007.
For more tips and ideas, sign up to receive the Living Green 365 e-newsletter at www.livinggreen.org.
The mission of the MPCA is to work with Minnesotans to protect, conserve and improve our environment and enhance our quality of life. Find out more at www.pca.state.mn.us.