Environmental Assistance Grants Program
On May 14, 2012, with the publication of the Request for Proposals (RFP) Notice in the State Register, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) has officially announced the opening of the Fiscal Years (FY) 2012-2013 Environmental Assistance (EA) Grant Program for applications. The deadline for submittal of applications is June 14, 2012, by 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
Approximately $640,000 is available for EA grant awards to encourage outcome-oriented, economically-driven approaches to pollution prevention, waste reduction, toxicity reduction, water quality protection, and resource conservation. Eligible applicants, grant award amounts, and minimum matching fund requirements will vary by focus areas and preferred proposals.
Applications for financial assistance will be for proposals in the following three (3) categories:
- Category 1: Communities (Focus Areas: A) Green Building, B) Local Government Assistance - Sustainability Measures, C) Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) Contaminated Stormwater Pond Sediment, D) Source-Separated Compost, and E) Environmental Volunteering and Service Learning)
- Category 2: Businesses (Focus Areas: A) Green Chemistry, B) Reduce/Reuse/Recycle, C) Environmental Business Development, D) Electronic Waste (e-Waste) Collection, and E) Statewide Compost Organization)
- Category 3: Schools (Focus Areas: A) Schools Reduce/Reuse/Recycle, and B) Secondary and Post-Secondary Education Curriculum)
- Request for Proposals Funding Guidance — FY 2012-13 Environmental Assistance Grants
- Focus Area Standard Grant Application Form (PDF Version)
- Focus Area 1C — PAH-contaminated Stormwater Pond Sediment Application (PDF Version)
- Frequently Asked Questions — Environmental Assistance Grant Program, FY 2012-13
- Generic Grant Agreement
- State Register Notice - May 14, 2012
Environmental Assistance Grants Program Resources
The Environmental Assistance Grants program was established by the Legislature, and administered by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency under Minnesota statutes and rules.
- Environmental assistance grant and loan program (115A.0716)
- Legislative declaration of policy; purposes (115A.02)
- Definitions (115A.03)
- Policy (115D.02)
- Definitions (115D.03)
- Declaration of state environmental policy (116D.02)
- Solid Waste Grant and Loan Programs (Minnesota Rules 9210.0800-9210.0855)
- Minnesota Legislative Districts
- Minnesota Session Laws 2009 (chapter 172, article 2, section 4)
- Minnesota Session Laws 2010 (chapter 361, article 2, section 4)
The MPCA will consider other projects that further the Agency’s mission to protect, conserve, and improve the environment if deemed by the Agency to be “time-sensitive.” Prior to the FY12-13 application submittal deadline of 2:00 p.m. central time on June 14, 2012, potential applicants may request consideration of their project proposals as time-sensitive if the grant request is less than $10,000, and the applicant can demonstrate why they cannot reasonably abide by the FY12-13 EA Grant process and timelines.
For more information on time-sensitive requests or program assistance, contact Mary Baker: 651-757-2208 or 1-800-657-3864 toll free.